The economy is rising exponentially with the craze for fashion every second. Fashion is no longer limited to people associated with Glamour or high society. Every girl/ woman around the world is special and has the right to dress up according to her will. Between the fashion hype and sky high prices don’t we all love the versatility and freedom to use the same cloth again? Its easier to purchase basics like a jacket, coat, trousers etc which can be reused for a fresh style but what about the dresses?
We usually end up compromising on either the quality or the quantity of clothes we purchase! I own a LBD dress by Guess? I bought last year for a party worth INR: 10, 000 and wore it only once. Being a spendthrift I have splurged into a lot of stuff I regretted purchasing later due to restricted utility plus they occupy a lot of space in my cupboard (May be I will hold a garage sale soon 🙂 stay tuned). I have zillions of branded clothes I have never worn/ worn only once for I could not repeat the dresses again for another party.
This year, as a part of my resolution, I decided to purchase dresses which are wearable more often for example this Pale Pink Forever New dress. Its strapless and runs short making it easy for me to carry of this dress in various styles. I can wear it for a night party, with a metallic casual coat or a jeans jacket, it works for all. As a typical woman I do not repeat my dresses for parties however I love to carry them off for a different occasion all together.
Now, this was my usual ‘budget- friendly’ lecture, but what about the sudden need? What if your party commence immediately post work/ college? Do we carry a very heavy extra package or run down home to change the dress again for a last minute entry? How about getting a dress which can give you countless looks depending on how you don it?
Few Tips to Scrutinize:
- Closely examine the pattern of the dress. Do you have enough jackets/ shirts to pair up and revamp the look of the dress for various occasions?
- Color of the dress should be flexible enough for day/ night look and mix and match-up.
- Try sticking to basics than something very fancy!
- Avoid too much of handwork/ sequin on the dress. Modest amount of Sequin/ work/ embellishments would work but avoid Jazzy dresses.
- Lean Towards basic sweethearts/ strapless designs more often as they look stunning paired up or singularly due to their adequately low neckline.
Team up with suitable Ear-rings or a statement neck-piece and Viola! you are ready to Dazzle.
P.S: I have posted the Night look for this dress here