The last winter and this summer collaboratively made way for a festive metallic trend! I have seen so many bloggers and celebrities don this trend in a fresh and innovative way. Owing to the fact I am petite I realized wearing a jumper or a long silk white shirt with a belt didn’t quite suit my frame. I wanted to go with a baseball cap and white/ white floral sneakers but stuck to the classic old black sandals instead.
Hand Bag- Tatai
Metallic Pleated Skirt- Zara
Trench Coat- Lulus
On My Lips- Dior Addict
I love the golden pleated skirt by Zara; its a must have for this season. Wearing it as a usual street-wear could be a bit tricky but there are zillion of ideas and colors you can use-
- I love the idea of wearing a metallic pleated skirt with a crop top and a bomber jacket. Take out these sneakers for a walk and a backpack to get set and rock the day.
- A leather jacket along with plain white shoes and a large envelope clutch could add a twist to the pleats.
- Plain crop top, a plain classic choker necklace and a cap to compliment a slip-on and a rucksack.
- A sweater/ Plush Jumper with heeled sandals with a large clutch bag- A classic runway look.
- Mix an urban twist by throwing a long plain or an embroidered kurti/ silk tunic; waist belt, heeled shoes, sleek pulled back pony, a small plain hand clutch and a big jeweled necklace/ lot of metallic bracelets on one hand.
- Off-shoulder (Another SS16 trend I can not have enough of) crop top (plain), classic stilettos and a small crossover messenger bag.
- Tye and Dye buttoned Tunic ( SS16), a choker necklace, Waist belt, Shoes and a Beret along with a cross-body big bag.
If metallics are too strong for you then opt for satin finish pleated skirts- they give a brilliant glaze effect and prove out to be the perfect substitute!
So how did you don your metallic pleats?